On June 15 the New Bedford Farmers Market officially opened! Every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday throughout the summer, into late October, a number of local farmers and vendors will be at three locations throughout New Bedford, selling their locally grown/made produce, meats, eggs, baked goods, flowers, jams, jellies, and more!
Changes to this year’s market includes the location of the downtown market: formerly held in front of the library, the market has been moved to Custom House Square so visitors can shop for food and enjoy the scenery and downtown life that surrounds the Square. Also, beginning this year, shoppers can use debit and credits cards or SNAP benefits to purchase food! (To use your Mastercard/Visa or SNAP benefits, visit the Information/Welcome Table when you first come to the market.)
We are excited to coordinate the three markets this year and hope to increase the number of shoppers who visit and the number of farmers and vendors in the future. Hope to see you there!
This year, the markets are open between June 15th and October 31st, and located at:
- Brooklawn Park– Mondays, (enter on Ashley Blvd.) Click here for a map
- Custom House Square – Thursdays, 2-6pm (Historic Downtown) Click here for a map
- Clasky Common (beginning July 11) – Saturdays, 9-1pm (enter on Pleasant Street) Click here for a map
Farmers & Vendors
- Apponagansett Farm (Monday)
- Pocasset Orchards (Monday & Thursday)
- Sampson Farm (Monday & Saturday)
- Winterbottom Farms (Monday & Thursday)
- Brix Bounty Farms (Thursday)
- Ed Silva Farms (Saturday)
Meats, Poultry and/or Eggs:
Baked Goods, Jams, Cookies, Gluten-Free and/or Specialty Items: